Hello. My name is Brian C. Russell. I am a creative innovator who has worn many hats. Here are a few examples:
- I put my first video online in 1994.
- Wrote my first blog post in 2002.
- Began Podcasting in September 2004.
- Organized PodcasterCon, the first event dedicated to teaching people how to podcast, in January 2006.
- Created @brianr on Twitter in October of 2006.
- Opened Carrboro Creative Coworking, North Carolina’s first Coworking space, in November 2008.
Since then I’ve become a dad, worked at a science museum, and now a hospital.
My primary creative passions include painting, medium format film photography, video editing, and experimental music.
I live in Durham, North Carolina with my son. The up-to-the-minute juicy stuff is at instagram.com/brianyesh.
Personal Writing Examples
Adopt a Local Happiness Index, February 2014
Why Sprawl Kills Coworking, May 2013
If you want local news to survive make it mobile, November 2012
Bricks and Clicks: Hybrid Local Businesses, August 2011