Hello. My name is Brian C. Russell. I am a creative innovator who has worn many hats. Here are a few examples:
- I put my first video online in 1994.
- Wrote my first blog post in 2002.
- Began Podcasting in September 2004.
- Organized PodcasterCon, the first event dedicated to teaching people how to podcast, in January 2006.
- Created @brianr on Twitter in October of 2006.
- Opened Carrboro Creative Coworking, North Carolina’s first Coworking space, in November 2008.
My primary creative passions include painting, medium format film photography, video editing, and experimental music.
Personal Writing Examples
Adopt a Local Happiness Index, February 2014
Why Sprawl Kills Coworking, May 2013
If you want local news to survive make it mobile, November 2012
Bricks and Clicks: Hybrid Local Businesses, August 2011