Big props to Fiona Morgan for writing about all the work people are doing in the Triangle to bridge the digital divide. The Independent has the following stories:
- Goodwill in Raleigh trains thousands on computers around the world
- Teens teaching teens to connect
- Developing a laptop for the children of the developing world
- e-NC Authority goes the ‘last mile’
- Judy Hallman has been connecting nonprofits since the Internet was young
The future of individual empowerment is dependent on information access. For people young and old to create the good life they want they must have knowledge. That knowledge is increasingly obtained digitally.
Hat tip to Paul Jones.